We are looking to appoint a Maintenance Technician with tool room responsibilities for our Ruabon site. This is a hands-on, direct production-orientated role working with the site’s Maintenance Engineers in maintenance of mechanical equipment and control systems across the site.
Main responsibilities and duties are:
- To fabricate suitable jigs, fixtures and tooling as ancillary equipment to support best-practices
- To interpret and understand engineering drawings to be able to build jigs, fixtures and tooling to the required standard.
- To build simple tools and fixtures, without drawings if necessary, in order to complete live current projects or to remove issues.
- To provide ‘mechanical technical’ support in problem solving in support of the Maintenance Team.
- To repair and improve the equipment where possible as a first line of defence prior to involving Maintenance Engineers, Engineering of Sub Contractors.
- To operate hand tools to verify dimensions and alignment using measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges, files, slips etc.
- To operate tool room type equipment to include mills, grinders (including surface, cylindrical and jig) and various other standard machines. Knowledge of CNC type equipment would also be beneficial.
- To be committed to a 5S method of working, ensuring a well organised, neat and tidy working environment.
- To perform any other duties as necessary, as instructed by the Maintenance Manager or a member of the Senior Management Team to carry out the job function to the achievement of Company objectives.
- A team player who is resilient and can work from own initiative
- Persistent, energetic and enthusiastic to achieve objectives
- To adhere at all times to Health & Safety / Environmental Statutory and Company Rules and Regulations
To view the full job description, please click the link below. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Lisa Feather at email@example.com by 2.30PM on Friday 27th January 2017.
Download Job Description