Sustainability & Responsibility
Supported by our purpose we are becoming a more sustainable business, while also helping our customers to become more sustainable through the products we design and manufacture. We have stretching goals that we are working hard to achieve.
We are improving social factors to keep our people safe and we are looking to provide meaningful work that contributes to an improved society and enables the communities where we operate to thrive. We have robust governance processes across our business and operate to high ethical standards.
As part of our next phase of improvement we have set stretching targets to make further improvements to our environmental impact, to the safety of our employees and to the diversity and inclusion of our workplaces.
We have defined five environmental, social, and governance (ESG) improvement objectives and targets to improve our performance as a Group:
Reduce our environmental impact
1. Our aspiration is to be a CO2 net zero business by 2050. Our 2030 target is to reduce our Scope 1 and Scope 2 CO2 emissions by 50% (from a 2015 baseline).
2. Our aspiration is to use water sustainably across our business. Our 2030 target is to reduce our overall water usage by 30% and reduce our water usage in high stress areas by 30% (from a 2015 baseline).
Improve our safety performance
3. Our aspiration is to create an environment and culture with zero harm to our employees. Our 2030 target is a lost time accident rate below 0.1 (lost time accidents per 100,000 hours worked).
Improve the diversity & inclusion of our business
4. Our aspiration is that our employee demographics reflect the communities that we operate in. Our 2030 target is for 40% female representation across our leadership population of our organisation.
5. Our aspiration is a welcoming and inclusive environment where our employees can grow and thrive. Our 2030 target is to attain a top quartile employee engagement score.