Last updated: [24 November 2021]
At Morgan Advanced Materials plc (we/us/ours) we take your privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting it.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about individuals, how this information is used, with whom we share that information and the rights they have over it.
This policy may change from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Please see Changes to this Policy below.
WHO WE ARE
For the purposes of data protection law, Morgan Advanced Materials plc is the ‘controller’ in relation to the processing activities described below. A ‘controller’ is an organisation that decides why and how your personal information is processed.
Please see the section at the end of this policy for our contact and legal information.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you in the following ways:
Personal information you give to us:
This is information about you that you give to us when:
- submitting information via morganadvancedmaterials.com and any other website on which this policy, or a link to it, appears (our Websites);
- responding to surveys you receive from us or research companies working on our behalf;
- uploading files using the feature on our website contact form; and
- corresponding with us by phone, email or in another way using the contact information we make available online.
This information is provided by you entirely voluntarily and includes personal information. The information you give to us may include your name, job title, business address, email address and phone number, enquiry details and other business and contact information, and may include records of any correspondence.
If we do not receive this information, you may be unable to use or interact with certain parts of our Websites or communicate with us effectively.
Personal information we collect about you:
We may automatically collect the following information during your visits to our Websites and also on www.careers-morganplc.icims.com including page views, referral sources, length of visits, page, website navigation paths, your geographic location and details of the resources you access.
We may also automatically collect technical information, including data collected by our hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser and operating system type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions. Please see Cookies for further information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Data protection law requires us to have a valid reason (known as a ‘lawful basis’) to process your personal information for each of the different purposes for which we use that information. The purposes for which we use your personal information and the lawful basis under data protection law on which we rely to do this are explained below.
Where you have provided consent
We may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to do so.
If you work for an unincorporated business (e.g. sole trader or unincorporated partnership), we may contact you via email, sms or telephone with marketing information about our products and services if you subscribe to receive our email marketing communications by ticking the relevant box.
If you consent to our use of any non-essential cookies, we will use the cookies described in our Cookies page to collect Behavioural and Identity information from you.
Withdrawing your consent
Where we rely on your consent as the lawful basis for processing your personal information, you may withdraw your consent for us to use your information in any of these ways at any time. Please either click the “unsubscribe” link in any of the email messages you receive or contact us using the details at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Please allow up to 30 days for your request to be actioned
Where processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests
We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business, for the following purposes:
- Processing necessary for us to promote our business as well as our products and services
- Processing necessary for us to support our customers and prospects with sales and other enquiries
- Processing necessary for us to respond to changing market conditions and our customers’ needs
- Processing necessary for us to operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
Where required to comply with our legal obligations
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations:
- to assist any public authority or criminal investigatory body, where we are under a legal obligation to do so;
- to identify you when you contact us;
- to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you; and
- to respond to and resolve your complaints in relation to our services.
OTHERS WHO MAY RECEIVE OR HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Other companies in our group
We may share your information with other companies in our group. They may use your personal information in the ways set out in How we use your personal information, in connection with the products and services they provide, including where they complement our own.
Our suppliers, service providers and other recipients
We may share your information with our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf.
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the UK and European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen where any of the companies in our group are located in a country outside of the UK and EEA or if any of our servers or those of our third party service providers are from time to time located in a country outside of the UK and EEA. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK and so may not protect the use of your personal information to the same standard.
If we transfer your information outside of the UK and EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. These steps include:
- ensuring the non-UK / non-EEA countries to which transfers are made have been deemed adequately protective of your personal information for the purposes of data protection law by the relevant bodies;
- imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal information using provisions formally issued by relevant bodies for this purpose. We use these provisions to ensure that your information is protected when transferred to our group companies outside UK and EEA; or
- ensuring that the recipients are subscribed to approved ‘international frameworks’ that aim to ensure adequate protection.
Please contact us using the details at the end of this policy for more information about the protections that we put in place and to obtain a copy of the relevant documents.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The length of time for which we retain your personal information is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws. We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
Exceptions to the above, can include where:
- you exercise your right to require us to retain your personal information for a period longer than our stated retention period (see further Your data protection rights);
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further Your data protection rights below);
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
SECURITY AND LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal information safe and secure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information during its transmission to our Websites and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we put in place reasonable and appropriate controls to ensure that it remains secure against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
Our Websites may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy does not apply to those other websites‚ so we encourage you to read their privacy statements. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links that we provide. In addition, if you linked to our Websites from a third party website, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party website and recommend that you check the policy of that third party website.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not envisage that any decisions that have a legal or significant effect on you will be taken about you using purely automated means, however we will update this policy and inform you if this position changes.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to certain rights, we may ask you for information to verify your identity and, where applicable, to help us to search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 1 month after we have received this information or, where no such information is required, after we have received full details of your request.
You have the following rights, some of which may only apply in certain circumstances:
- to be informed about the processing of your personal information (this is what this policy sets out to do);
- to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- to object to processing of your personal information;
- to withdraw your consent to processing your personal information;
- to restrict processing of your personal information;
- to have your personal information erased;
- to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it;
- to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard, machine-readable form; and
- rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling.
To find out more, or to exercise these rights, please contact us using the details at the end of this policy.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator where your personal information has or is being used in a way that you believe does not comply with the law. However, we encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO’s website.
Our company registration number is Z6784401
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy was last updated on the date that appears at the top of this page. We may update this policy from time to time by posting a copy of the updated policy on our Websites or, if we have a record of your details, we may send you an email. Unless we state otherwise, any changes to this policy will take effect seven days after the date of our email or the date on which we post the updated policy on our Websites, whichever is earlier. We recommend you regularly check for changes and review all updates to this policy.
CONTACT US AND COMPANY INFORMATION
This Website is owned and operated by Morgan Advanced Materials plc.
Please direct any queries about this policy or about the way we process your personal information to our Data Protection Officer using our contact details below.
Our principal place of business is at York House, Sheet Street, Windsor, SL4 1DD, United Kingdom
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to DPO@morganplc.com
We are registered in England and Wales under company registration number 286773, and our registered office is at York House, Sheet Street, Windsor, SL4 1DD, United Kingdom.